2017 - 2018 Calendar
Scroll down for Training, Retreat and Available Rental dates.
For more information on an event or to reserve a group booking (rental or retreat) email email@example.com or call 832-567-4550
Mark was introduced to Nia when commissioned to paint a mural for StudioNia Santa Fe. Mark timidly stepped into his first class and the inspiration and joy came flooding in! Mark found that Nia provided the athleticism he was craving, and the enriching of the soul, which was an unexpected discovery.
Jason Alan Griffin "JAG"
is thrilled to be returning to SomaRanch for a third time and to be part of this incredible Men Of Nia weekend. He is a First Degree Black Belt with 21 years of Nia teaching experience and he loves being playful and athletic.
RAY WOOTEN, PHD., LPC-S, RSMT
Ray is a university professor, somatic movement educator/therapist and body-centered psychotherapist in practice for over twenty-five years. Ray guides individuals and groups into inner experiences deepening the participants’ understanding of their “lived” body. This transformational learning process can include sound, breath, imagery, art in addition to movement. As an educator, trainer and consultant, Ray focuses on heart centered practices that facilitates embodied awareness of how we form and organize ourselves while illuminating patterns of being or habits that may not work for us any longer.
I fuel the tipping point of human consciousness. 3% of the world’s population is dancing around “enlightenment” as a way of being; roughly the current population of Europe. As that number grows to 6% and 7% the problems that plague humanity now will start to shift. As 10% of the world’s population evolves into full consciousness a tipping point of transformation will make life on earth a very different experience for those generations who follow us.
Medicine Woman "Simplicity" class provides you with the most simple moves possible. By removing complexity and distraction, you are invited to relax and go deep into the healing movement experience.
Enjoy a meditative, nourishing movement experience to help you unwind into your weekend.
Medicine Woman "Classic"class provides you with a beautiful healing movement experience.
Drawing from the 52 moves of Nia, we will focus on the energy centers of the body and natural elements. Receive a great workout experience while relieving tension all at the same time.
Medicine Woman "Movement with extended Guided Meditation" is an opportunity to enjoy class then, with the luxury of extra time, be taken on a meditation journey.
By the end of class expect to float out relaxed, invigorated and stretched with a sense of peace and well being.
Medicine Woman "Jam"class is the grande finales of our weekend retreat.
Experience a Nia class team taught by the participants who have been attending the weekend retreat, learning how to teach Medicine Woman.
Nia "Jam" classes are super community events. Enjoy a variety of flavors brought by unique teacher personalities to create a collective magical experience.
Retreats at a Glance
- 10/27 - 10/29 Medicine Woman Retreat
- 11/03 - 11/05 Reset Retreat
- 11/09 - 11/11 Cristina Yoga Retreat
- 01/04 - 01/10 Nia Retreat January
- 01/18 - 01/23 Nia Retreat Jan 2
- 02/01 - 02/07 Nia Retreat for Brown Belts
- 02/23 - 02/25 The Body As Shadow
- 03/10 - 03/11 Ageless Grace Personal Seminar and Training Certification
- 03/10 - 03/11 Nia Retreat March
- 04/20 - 04-22 Men of Nia 2018 Retreat
- 05/03 - 05/09 Nia Retreat May
- 06/15 - 06/21 Nia Retreat June
- 07/07 - 07/13 Nia Retreat July
- 07/24 - 07/26 Nia Blue Electric Storm
- 09/08 - 09/09 Nia Retreat September
- 09/14 - 09/16 Nia Soma Simplicity Retreat
- 10/04 - 10/10 Nia Retreat October
- 11/01 - 11/06 Nia Retreat November
- 11/29 - 12/05 Nia Retreat December
Nia Tainings at a Glance
- 11/30 - 12/06 Nia White Belt
- 01/04 - 01/10 Nia White Belt
- 01/18 - 01/23 Nia Green Belt
- 05/03 - 05/09 Nia Blue Belt
- 06/15 - 06/21 Nia Brown Belt
- 07/07 - 07/13 Nia White Belt
- 09/08 - 09/09 Nia 5 Stages
- 10/02 - 10/10 Nia Blue Belt
- 11/01 - 11/06 Nia Green Belt
- 11/29 - 12/05 Nia White Belt
- 01/12 - 01/15 (MLK weekend)
- 01/26 - 01/28
- 02/16 - 02/18
- 03/02 - 03/04 Meals provided option
- 03/23 - 03/25
- 04/13 - 04/15
- 04/27 - 04/29
- 05/11 - 05/13
- 05/25 - 05/29 (Memorial Weekend)
- 06/01 - 06/03 Meals provided option
- 06/22 - 06/24
- 07/14 - 07/16
- 07/27 - 07/29
- 08/03 - 08/05 Meals provided option
- 08/10 - 08/12 Meals provided option
- 08/17 - 08/19 Meals provided option
- 08/24 - 08/26
- 08/31 - 09/03 (Labor Day Weekend)
- 09/21 - 09/23
- 09/28 - 09/30
- 10/12 - 10/14
- 10/26 - 10/28
- 11/09 - 11/11
- 11/16 - 11/18 Meals provided option
- 11/21 - 11/25 (Thanksgiving)
- 12/07 - 12/09 Meals provided option
- 12/14 - 12/16 Meals provided option
- 12/21 - 12/23
- 12/24 - 12/26 (Christmas)
- 12/28 - 01/01 (New Years)