Arias ~ the 5 sensations: Flexibility, Agility, Mobility, Strength, Stability. Public workshop & Class
A masterpiece of Nia (FAMSS) choreographed to a music masterpiece (Arias)
Focus: Delve deeper into understanding and embodying the 5 sensations of Nia fitness. Explore how our 700 muscles tighten and loosen around our 200 bones to create these sensations and provide movements that open and close the joints. From this physical platform, we mentally and emotionally connect with the movement and music in a way that provide insight into a deep pleasurable relationship with our bodies, honoring our body’s way and gravitating towards the body’s way.
Intent: experience a magical journey, something beyond a workout, that leaves us feeling deeply connected with body, mind, emotion and spirit.
- Flexibility ~ the sensation of energy out (light, along the bones, like a laser beam)
- Agility ~ the sensation of the start and stop of energy (spark, electric, short n sharp, like pop corn popping)
- Mobility ~ the sensation of energy in constant motion (liquid, fluid, continuous, like honey)
- Strength ~ the sensation of energy in (condensed, muscles packing bones, like a squeeze grip)
- Stability ~ the sensation of equal and opposite energy moving into and from center (still, the base of all sensations, like a rock)
More about the Music: The blend of new age and classical opera creates an ambient treat for your ears. Very calming and pleasing. Aria uses popular melodies from Carmen, Madame Butterfly, The Magic Flute, Dido, Aeneas, and others. Music was composed by Paul Schwartz at the renowned Abbey Road Studio #1. All those involved are the best in the this field. Schwartz was Andre Previn's assistant conductor with the Pittsburgh Symphony and musical director for Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phanton of the Opera. You are in for a treat here.
Willow (after Verdi's Otello) - Aria
Un Bel Di (after Puccini's Madama Butterfly) - Aria
Secret Tear (after Donizetti's L'Elisir D'Amore) - Aria
Dido (after Purcell's Dido and Aeneas) - Aria
Pace Pace (after Verdi's la Forza Del Destino) - Aria
Pamina Blue (after Mozart's the Magic Flute) - Aria
Habanera (after Bizet's Carmen) - Aria
Home (after Verdi's Nabucco) - Aria