A fast, fun and amazing tour of Nia New Zealand. Yes! I think I saw more Nia than New Zealand ;-).
Big thanks to Penny Adams, for persistently asking me to visit for the past 2 years AND for being an amazing organizer, companion and tour guide for the trip!
A full schedule:
- Friday: arrive Auckland, fly to Christchurch, 2 workshops, 1 class, group dinner, SLEEP!
- Saturday: meet up with school friend, 1 workshop, 1 class, fly to Nelson, 1 workshop, 1 class SLEEP!
- Sunday: early flight to Auckland, rental car drive to Hamilton, 2 workshops, 1 class, drive back to Auckland, meet up with Mariska, drive to Matakana, SLEEP!
- Monday: beautiful walk on the beach and lunch in the little town, 1 workshop, 1 class, SLEEP!
- Tuesday: 1 class, drive back to Auckland, fly home SLEEP!
Best things about the trip:
- meeting up with a friend I've not seen or heard of since early 20s!
- meeting amazing Nia communities
- spending time with Penny
- walking on the beach
- making new friends
- a lady in the last class signed up for the white belt and arrived yesterday!
- The New Zealand tribe have initiated the idea of a 7-10 day Texas retreat at Soma Ranch! We'll have daily Nia classes, fun at the ranch, field trips, boating and include a night out at a true Texan dance hall!
- I plan to return next year, hope Joe will accompany me and enjoy a balance between me teaching classes and having a vacation!
- Possibility of providing a 5 day coaching retreat for Blue belts in New Zealand