At Soma Ranch we welcome you home. Each time you step into Soma Ranch, you receive the opportunity to heal, learn, be inspired and have a boat load of fun in the process! We define Soma as “healthy body, mind and spirit in its wholeness.”
Soma Ranch is a magical place where folks relax, rejuvenate, replenish & renew with FUN! We provide retreat experiences, serving delicious healthy food with good humor and Texas hospitality, surrounded by glorious nature and animals. We also rent out our facility for family, friend, and corporate retreats.
We are the home for fabulous Nia trainings, attracting participants from around the globe, providing a fully submersed enriching residential experience.
Magic happens at the Ranch
We look forward to sharing this beautiful place with you. Turn off the main road, roll down the windows, SLOW down, breathe… and slip into a different time and place.
Soma Ranch 15.2 acres, 2.5 miles from the town of Montgomery (birthplace of the Texas flag). The ranch is surrounded by 6,000 acres of open space, helping you feel secluded yet in fact super close to shops, cafes, restaurants, even a 24/7 Walmart is only 3 miles away!
SOMA RANCH FOR HIRE
The perfect venue for:
- training and/or meetings
Soma Ranch Offerings
We have a lot to interest you:
- Nia training courses
- special events
What you'll find
at the ranch
THE RANCH HOUSE
- Spacious two-story home sleeps up to 11
- large social areas for relaxing
- dining area seats 20 (8, 6, 6)
- 4 bedrooms (+ a bonus room)
- 3.5 bathrooms
- 1,200 square foot deck perfect for large barbecue
- 8-seat mineral therapeutic spa
- olympic length (25 yard) lap pool
- wrap around porch
- beautiful views of nature surround
THE RANCH STUDIO
40 ft from the Ranch House, the studio is a fabulous converted barn
- 2,000 sq. ft. dance studio with mirrors, state of the art electronics/audio visual, stunning views of the pastures.
- 1,300 sq. ft. social/meeting area
- 1,200 sq. ft. dormitory, reading area, sleeps 10+
- 800 sq. ft. loft (optional roll out sleeping options)
- kitchen area
- 3 bathrooms (men's, women's, and private)
- infrared sauna
Our rescued horses and donkeys are friendly and extremely entertaining! A beautiful feature of the ranch. Guests share how being around these amazing animals is curiously healing.
- free wifi
- free parking
- free use of laundry room
- Massage and Foot Detox options ($40 to $90)
- excellent cell phone reception
AMENITIES WITHIN 1.5 MILEs OF THE RANCH
- grocery store
- wine bar
- drug store
- a cowboy church!
Meals are special at the Ranch
When you hire Soma Ranch, you can choose to cater your own meals, order from some local barbecue, pizza, or steak restaurants, or you can request our assistance.
At our trainings, retreats, and special events enjoy delicious gluten-free, organic, healthy meals.
Wide range of self-service items including yogurt, kefir, hot-cooked grains, cereals, bagels, fruit, smoothies, and more
Homemade hot soup and salad buffet
Cooked meal with plenty of vegetables and salad available
Extra protein options
Grilled chicken and boiled eggs are available upon request
We also have standards like mac & cheese and pizza for the less “adventurous” eaters.
Meals are based on the Body Ecology Diet.
Coming from Houston the simplest directions are:
- I-45 North
- West 105
- Right onto Pooles Road after Montgomery High School
However there is construction at I-45 and 105 that confuses some folks.
We prefer a prettier and slightly more direct way:
- I-45 North
- exit Loop 336 and go west (left) on Loop 336 (about 5 minutes)
- exit FM 2854 and go west on FM 2854 (about 20 minutes)
- LEFT at 105 (traffic lights) (about 5 minutes)
- pass Montgomery, CowBoy Church & High School
- 1/2 mile past High School go…..
- RIGHT Pooles Road, continue 1 track road all the way to Soma Ranch.
- (look for the P6 Amazing Corn sign!!)