Helen created a "Tribute to Whitney Houston" Nia experience. Adapted from the Nia Routine Birth. Here's a series of 7 mini clips helping you to play with learning the moves. If you are interested in attending a workshop on how to adapt a Nia routine or would like to experience this class email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Clip 1 "L arms, rotate across, draw circles"
Focus on the 3 planes of movement (Low, Middle, High), exploring the vertical, horizontal and rotational lines. The intent is by the end of class you will feel taller, with a relaxed spine and enhanced sense of spacial awareness.
Clip 2 "Get moving HML, flamenco turn"
- Fast clock step 12-3-6 High, Middle, Low with Hands up, Elbows out, Arms Down/Back.
- Add "L arms" pulse in preparation for
- optional turn in place with small steps
Clip 3 "Blade hand, cross arms, roll shoulder"
- A stance, "blades" hands in pockets,
- Cat stance with inward block (Lean)
- A stance roll shoulders
- add downward alt block "blades"
Clip 4 "TID pump and swirl arms"
- Travel in directions (TID) forwards with cha cha cha base and fist hands. Then TID backwards weave hands (R/L)
- Add option of turning while traveling towards the back (R/L) then (L/R)
Clip 5 "SPT wipe & clap with FC 12 3 6"
- sink & pivot table wipe
- add clap
- add clock step 12 3 6 to SPTW
- choose how low to step out
Clip 6 "Sneaky Fast clock remember corner"
- Fast Clock (FC) 12, 3, 2* Cross Behind (XB). Releve when you step to the corner (2*)
- A stance, cross midline w/ blade arms
- choose how low to cross arms
Clip 7 "Heal lead with 180 turns to back wall"
- Heal lead in your Fast clock 12/6 x 4
- 180' turn to face the back wall
- 4 heal leads FC facing back wall
- 180' turn to face front wall
- Repeat pattern with 2 Heal leads
- Cross Front (XF), cha cha cha (CCC)